LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for Boonton 9242 Instrument Driver

Solved!
Go to solution

I am looking for an instrument driver for a Boonton 9242 RF Voltmeter. Any help appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,271 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tylerH
Is that instrument SCPI compliant? If so you don't necessarily need drivers for that exact model.

SCPI defines standardized interfaces for several kinds of instruments -- including voltmeters.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 9
(3,265 Views)
Solution

I do not see a specific driver for the device but, the device is SCPI compliant and a few hours of work starting from a Instrument Driver Project Template would get one ready to go.

[Edit] Adding to Mike's post... RF Voltmeters are not well defined in "Compliant Capabilities" but, go ahead and start with an RF Power Meter template... There are a lot of DMM functions that are NOT available to that device 
(Mike, Really? ......)  

The meter really is simplistic in its "MEASurment:XXX" functions and would be a great way to learn how to write an Instrument Driver for a SCPI Compliant device..... I'd pass it to any intern for a learning experience!  (And yes, I'll answer questions from them)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 9
(3,258 Views)

Thanks Mike and Jeff, trying to help our programmer out with a done solution. Was hoping someone had a driver they knew of.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,254 Views)
In case no one has one - http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9097/en/
Message 5 of 9
(3,236 Views)

Thanks Mike, trying to help our programmer out with a done solution. Was hoping someone had a driver they knew of.

Message 6 of 9
(3,233 Views)
Solution

@tylerH wrote:

Thanks Mike, trying to help our programmer out with a done solution. Was hoping someone had a driver they knew of.

See the edit to my last post... Instrument Driver Templates would make that fairly easy

Message 7 of 9
(3,220 Views)

OK, thank you Jeff and all, this is my first post and I am impressed with the rapid replies, I just had a discussion with our guy, I think he will be able to handle it!

TylerH

Message 8 of 9
(3,214 Views)

@tylerH wrote:

OK, thank you Jeff and all, this is my first post and I am impressed with the rapid replies, I just had a discussion with our guy, I think he will be able to handle it!

TylerH

Keep posting.... We like the easy onesSmiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,203 Views)