LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging with DSC to a network drive

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, it seems I can't log data to a network drive.

My final goal is to log to a NAS, however I'm now using a shared folder mapped as disk unit (let's say S:\).

I tried with shared folder either on the development PC itself or another PC. I have write permission on both (at least, I can interactively create files on those folders).

LV accepts the new database setting, however after deployment no file is created on the target folder.

Also, MAX shows that archives are created instead on the local PC with URL Default_database (into c:\programdata\national instruments...etc...).

Any suggestion? I'm using LV2011

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pincpanter

Does this help you?

Does the LabVIEW DSC Module Allow Datalogging to a Network Drive?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4485587C5818F81886256C8B007F35CC?OpenDocument

Regards

Andrea

Message 2 of 4
(2,402 Views)

Ciao Andrea, thanks for you support.

Does it help me? I would say "nes" (no+yes). I also found this KB entry this morning, but I hoped that since 2007 something could be changed.

On the other side, I know that these kind of features often tend to persist from an LV version to another.

That's a real pity. I'm forced to buy another computer just to store some hundreds MB of data.

I need to store them to network, because the system must implement some redundancy.

Really no workarounds?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,399 Views)

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find a workaround in order to use NAS

Reagards,

Andre

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4