LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Data From Crio 9082/ 9229 module

Hello All, As per the usual, I am brand new to Labview and am desperately trying to resolve some data logging issues. This will be tricky as I will not be able to post my code but I will do my best to describe the issue. As it stands, I have no problem reading an analog signal from a function generator in my FPGA loop and displaying the data in the Host Loop. This was accomplished by modifying the 'getting started with 9229 module' provided by labview which was very helpful. However, when I added a write to measurement file, a file is never generated. Any guidance would be helpful. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,488 Views)

Hi Rocky,

when I added a write to measurement file, a file is never generated.

Do you get any error messages? Maybe something like error 7?

Where do you try to save the file? (You know the cRIO is a computer of its own and has its own C: drive? You know the cRIO cannot access your PC's harddrive? You have studied the example projects explaining how to transfer data from cRIO to PC host?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,477 Views)

Hi, i encountered a similar problem a while back, when trying to upload data to cloud platform for distributed computing application. 

The only way for solving your situation to create a " Shared Variable " within your project file for the variables in your host profile then use on one of the instances of the shared variable in the PC environment for datalogging. Then in the PC environment you can use the shared variables to write data in the measurement  file.

As you mentioned you are a Novice, i recommend you to watch a few tutorial videos on using shared variables, trust me its extremely simple. 

Best of Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,379 Views)

Yes I found ALL my logged data on CRIO's drive. even though I had changed the file paths I did not realize it was logging the data on CRIo. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,354 Views)