From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logger & Player using Button Control

Dear all,

Please tell me how to do logging and playing data in the same VI? The idea is when we click button Logger or Player, only the related area is visible. In each of those areas, there are also button for choosing file path and controlling action.

I have done a little in the attached VI and encountered the problems:

- While running, the buttons always return to False value (not clicking) state immediately after release the mouse.

Can anyone helps me?

Thank you so much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,145 Views)

try this...use a shift register to store the value of the button pressed

cluster.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,126 Views)

Hi mipro,

You can modify the mechanical action of a button by right clicking and going to the Mechanical Action menu. Right now you have your buttons set to Latch When Released. This means when you release the button it will switch states, then switch back again. If you want your button to switch states and stay that way, you should use the Switch When Released setting.

This document explains more: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361H-01/lvhowto/changemechactofboolswitch/

I hope this helps!

Emily C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,084 Views)