From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log temperature data to Excel every 4 hours

Solved!
Go to solution
Place an Elapsed Time function inside the while loop. Wire the Time Has Elapsed output to a case structure. Place the Write to Measurement File inside the true case. Wire your signals to it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(425 Views)

I used the example that Luissg posted first and then Dennis mentioned above and was able to make it work.  It takes 10 samples when the case structure turns (True) which ideally I would like it to only take one sample if that is adjustable somehow.  I appreciate the help I’m getting closer to my goal.  I made the mistake of hitting the continues run button with the “Excel – Write table VI” that NetoNI posted and ended up with 100+ Excel spread sheets opening in a matter of seconds.  It was a very good example once I got all the widows closed and only ran it once.  Thanks again everyone.  

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(415 Views)

Hi cdteo,

Make sure to set your acquisition timing and/or sample rate accordingly to your application needs using "the The DAQmx Timing VI (Sample Clock)" and the "DAQmx Read VI ". For more information on this topic, make reference to the following link : 

DAQmx Timing and Sample Rate:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3E3D74E26B8A5B83862575CA0053E4B5

Luis S
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(398 Views)