LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock destination font

I have very annoying thing in LabVIEW 2011. When I copy text from anywhere outside labview and paste it into string control, this changes control font to something strange, irrelevant to the source and destination font. In other words in MS Office there is a choice: keep source formatiing/keep destination formatting. LabVIEW has only some kind of the first option.

Is it a bug of my LabVIEW version or a feature? Is there any way around it? WHY changing control value should modify its property??? The same applies to comments, paths, etc...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,800 Views)
I'm not sure which to call it, but I agree with you that it is a pain. I wish they would at least provide a configuration setting to make it one way or the other.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,780 Views)

This is probably a limitation of LabVIEWs support for unicode characters. and the different behaviors you would see are likely to depent on the type of font on the clipboard and the OS used.  Annoying but, hey when no-one agrees on a specific standard there is going to be pain.

Hmmm. can it really be "Standard" if there are so many?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,708 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,687 Views)

One more confusion around the same issue. If I forget and paste, Ctrl+Z does not work, does not matter how many times it have been pressed. The font is lost.

Workaround: Control font is locked if VI is in run mode. Does not work for indicators, block diagram or while VI is not executable, but at least anything.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,578 Views)