From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a Front Panel in a Subpanel Control

You can use a tab control as the selector for your different UI VIs with a subpanel - https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-42925

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 11 of 17
(917 Views)

Hi all,

Thanks for your time. 

Peter,

I am not quite sure how to go about creating a cluster of buttons instead of tab control and use an array of subpanels. I need a little more help on this.

Mike,

I could open the document finally. It was really insightful. I was able to understand things which i never knew. I am not sure how i can create multiple subpanels in the same window showing different things.

Sam_Sharp,

I ended up in this thread after reading the document you had posted https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-20625, i tried to use this in my application. i replaced the VI's. WHen i run the program, the front panels which i call doesnot seem to work.

I am not quite sure if i make you guys understand about the problem i am facing, Excuse me if i am not clear about anything.

• When i click on a boolean button, the Front Panel of that VI pops up. At this point, all the VI's of other boolean buttons will stay inactive. I dont want this to happen. I want all the VI's which i have included in the subpanel program to be active when i run the program.
Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(885 Views)
All you have to do is create a front panel and put more that one subpanel control on it. Then in software, define what VI you want to appear in each subpanel..

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 13 of 17
(877 Views)
Oh, I see your issue. At some point the VIs to be displayed in a subpanel all have to be loaded into memory and started running. Just do it all at once.

Remember, a VI can be running without its front panel being open.

My blog describes the process in detail. Go back to the first post and start reading. It will show you how to do what you describe and what infrastructure you will need to make it work well.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

Message 14 of 17
(872 Views)

Hi Mike,

Is it the same blog you mentioned in your previous post i should refer to. Because I was able to open that in my home. But there is a problem in my workplace.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(859 Views)
Yes, the same blog.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(840 Views)

Hi Mike,

I tried doing it this way, i have attached the Subpanel prog and one of the front panel VI (VIBRATION SENSOR) which i am inserting. The Subpanel program throws a pop-up(Not enough memory to compute this operation) after a duration of approx 5 mins,  and when i close the pop-up the program runs fine. I wonder if this issue is created by the subpanel prog or the individual VI's which i am calling.

I have not attached few dependant sub vi's for VIBRATION SENSOR vi.

Regards,
KM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(827 Views)