LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading a Front Panel in a Subpanel Control

Hi all,

I am using the subpanel control for loading front panel of different sensor VI's. I have created 5 boolean buttons, Clicking on each button loads the corresponding front panel. I wonder if all the boolean controls can work simultaneously. Because at present, i can load only one FP at a time. I mean to say only one FP will be active a time. Is there a way to achieve this?

Any help on this.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,173 Views)

Hi Kevin,

hope I got this right: Your "Buttons" are in reality just a tab control, right? Then I suspect it does this: You click a button and the corresponding VI is displayed in the subpanel. you click another and that subpanel is displayed.

If you want to display multiple subpanels you could go for a cluster of buttons instead of the tab control and use an array of subpanels.

Remember Cunningham's Law
Message 2 of 17
(3,158 Views)

Use Tab Control and Open all VI's in different Tabs using Sub Panel Controls close all reference at end.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,157 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,149 Views)

I did a series of posts on subpanels and how to best utilize them. Here is a goof place to start reading:

http://www.notatamelion.com/2015/02/02/modularization-its-not-just-for-block-diagrams-any-more/

So are you wanting to see multiple screens at the same time? You can have multiple subpanels in the same window showing different things.

In terms of some of the other comments converning tab controls, the advice is real simple: Don't use them. Tab controls have many many problems and side-effects.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 5 of 17
(3,132 Views)

Hi all,

Thnaks for your reply,

I want to see multiple screens at the same time.

Mike,

The link provided is not working.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,122 Views)
It is for me. Try copy and pasting it, I have never seen it but maybe the forum inserted some extra line breaks or something. Where are you located?

Mike

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,100 Views)

Hi,

The best way to achieve this is by saving all the fron panels and their values to a file and loading thme simulatenously. One solution would be calling the subpanel and loading the corresponding vi and repeat if needed more. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,097 Views)

Hi,

The best way to achieve this is by saving all the fron panels and their values to a file and loading thme simulatenously. One solution would be calling the subpanel and loading the corresponding vi and repeat if needed more. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,095 Views)

Mike,

Its not working for me. I am located in Bangalore, india.

Regards,
KM
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,081 Views)