From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load and Save Warning List - while building an Executable

Hello All,

I'm facing following issue. While building an executable I get several dependency warnings, looking like the one below. The strange thing is, that the new dependency is inside the Exe, where it should be!

Prior to the build I forced a complete recompile by pressing Ctrl+Shift and clicking the Run- button, then saving everything. So, there should all dependencies be saved correctly into every single VI.

Load and Save Warning List.png

What is it I don't understand?

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,033 Views)

Dave,

is it possible that your build script does not only build an EXE but also some "source distribution" packages? This is ususally the case when creating a build script for plug-in architectures where the individual plugins are placed OUTside the EXE.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,027 Views)

Hello Norbert,

I admit, I wouldn't know how to build an executable and a distribution from one build script. To make my settings clear to you, i attach screenshots of relevant pages of the "Build Executable" dialog.

Dependency Problem 1.png

Dependency Problem 2.png

Dependency Problem 3.png

Dependency Problem 4.png

Dependency Problem 5.png

Dependency Problem 6.png

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,020 Views)

OK, this is very poor quality, I try it with attached images.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,018 Views)

No 2

But I see, this is not better.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,017 Views)

Hm, it seems to be a "clean" build script.

What bothers me is in your very first screenshot, the "affected source" is a VI which is located OUTSIDE of the EXE file (Load Single SE-Pref.vi). That means that if you acknowledge that dialog and save the VI, it will store an incorrect path to that subVI (Read Key(Boolean).vi). That's why i asked about plugins.

Do you have the affected caller open during the build process? If yes, it the "application instance" of this VI the project "KGA Basis Ansteuerung" or is it something else (e.g. Main Application Instance)?

You can see the active application instance for a VI on the bottom left as it moves the horizontal scrollbar to the side.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,001 Views)

Hello Norbert,

thank you for your advices. Since the build process was only paused by the Message- Windows, but not aborted, I just clicked them away. After all I deleted the Build entry in my project and created a new one from scratch, and - voilà, everything was fine again.

I made no Backup of my project file, so we won't find out the actual reason for the error messages by looking into the .lvproj - XML text. But for now it's fixed just by creating a new build script.

Greets, Dave
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,749 Views)