LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List in write buffer?

Yeah manually is silly thats why i try to do someting about it 🙂 Thanks for the help i have now changed the manuall box to a "VISA resource name" box that goes in to the "VISA Open" box. The problem i have now is that it only shows like 5 instruments instead of around 80 instrumets as it should. Is it something that i missed?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 24
(722 Views)
Do you actually have all of those 80 instruments connected? How many appear in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 24
(715 Views)

I don't  really know what MAX is but maybe not all 80 are connected but at least it should be 10-15. I want it to show all TCPIP but it only showed 2 of them and they now disappeared so now it doesent show me anything. I don't know what is wrong since it only one output that goes in to the VISA Open input.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 24
(711 Views)
MAX is Measurement and Automation Explorer.

All tcp/ip is a tall order. Are they all vxi-11/lxi? Are they on the same subnet.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 24
(706 Views)

Im all new to this so i dont know what  vxi-11/lxi is. There are more than one subnet but there are over 10 on the subnet im working with.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 24
(700 Views)
Whether or not the instruments comply with the standard Ethernet protocols for instruments would be provided in the manuals. What sort of instruments are these? Make and model. Some may not be auto-discovered and you would have to manually add them in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 24
(696 Views)

I dont know what instrumets it is but obviously it doesent work so i guess i have to search manually. Is there a way to trough a subnet from ip .0 to lets say .100 and se which ones are connected or not and make a drop-down list of the ones connected so it looks pretty much like the VISA resource name function?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 24
(686 Views)
You have multiple instruments on your network and don't know what they are? What's the point since you need to know that in order to program them?

I suppose you could ping each ip. If there are other devices such as computers on the subnet, I don't know how you would differentiate between them.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 24
(683 Views)

That is just what my program does, you write an ip an the program tells you what instrumet it is. What you say is exaktly what i want to do. I want to ping all my 100 ip's an see if they answer and if they do i want to put them in the list to choose ip's from. How do i ping an ip and sort out all the ip's that dont answer?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 24
(680 Views)
There have been numerous posts on how to do a ping. Have you done a search?

Since you don't know what you have connected, how can you send a command that returns an identification? Are you sending *IDN?. That implies vxi-11/lxi.

I think there is a lot of information that is missing from your replies and the nature of your setup.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 24
(674 Views)