LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List in write buffer?

Hello i am new to Labview and are working on a small project. I have a "write buffer" with "TCPIP[board]::host address[::LAN device name][::INSTR]" in it that goes in to "VISA Open". I want to make a drop-down menu or a list in the "write buffer" so you can change de host address on the front panel so you dont have to open the program itself to change host address. How can i do that? I found tools like "System Ring", "System Enum" and "Listbox" and i am not sure which one to use or how to use/connect them to the "VISA resourse name" port.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(2,925 Views)
Just right click on the VISA resource constant and select Change to Control.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(2,919 Views)

Thanks for a quick answer! That solution does half the work but how do I make that to a list? And if I want to split the ip in to different parts how do i do then? Lets say i have a ip that looks like this: 22.231.113.64 and want one list for the first part so you can choose 22 or something else and then anoter list for 231 or something else and so on. How do i do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(2,911 Views)

Hi qweewq11,

Just take a look at below VI file attached. In order to make a change in combo box strings, Goto to front panel and right click over the combo box --> Edit Items to change the string values.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(2,897 Views)

Thanks i will look in to that!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(2,880 Views)
The VISA Resource Name control does provide a list from the pull-down on the right side. This list is all of your connected instruments. Allowing the user to make up an ip address seems like a disaster waiting to happen. How do you plan to populate a combo box with strings? Where would get the list?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(2,873 Views)

Thats exactly what i want, a list of all connected instruments! How do i get that list? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(2,868 Views)
It is automatically populated. How did you get the original ip you mention? Surely you didn't type it manually? Have you not looked at the existing list?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24
(2,863 Views)

Well this is a basic program so I did typ in the ip manually and thats why i try to make it automatic. In my program you type in the ip manually and then you get what instrument it is. What i try to do is to get a list of all connected instruments just so you dont have to type it in manually.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(2,857 Views)
Start with doing what I've already said - click on the pull-down menu option of the control. Manual entry is silly.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(2,849 Views)