LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line + Scatter on 3D graph

Hi all,

I'm using LV 2009 SP1 which has the new 3D graph helper VIs.

I want to plot a 3D scatter and 3D line (separate) data onto the same 3D graph and set different plot properties etc.  I can't figure out how to do this using the new helper VIs.  Should I be using these?

I've read some of Altenbach's threads which state that I just need to change the plot ID but I can't merge different helper VI outputs.

Is there a way of plotting 3D segments (lines) by giving the start and end (X,Y,Z) points?

Thanks,

Battler.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,930 Views)

Hi Battler,

I would take a look at 3D picture controls to do what you want. Here is a link to an example that I did a while back.

3D Picture Control with 3D Point by Point Grid

Hope this helps!

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

may the G be with you ....
Message 2 of 14
(3,893 Views)

My question may have been a bit vague as it was late at night when I wrote it.

Thanks for the interesting example Joe.  The example I downloaded had the points but no lines shown between them (which is what I need).  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,877 Views)

Hi Battler,

That 3d grid point by point should work fine, just change the line spacing to 0.15 and it should work great.  All you should have to do is change the random data matrix building to your data.

Hope this helps!

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,843 Views)
Unfortunately the code is not that flexible.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,819 Views)
In order to do what you want you will need to use a 3d picture control. I don't know of any other way to do what you want.
Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,804 Views)
My original question was how to have multiple plots on a 3D graph using the Plot helpers.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,798 Views)

Hi Battler,

If the 3d picture control does not work the way you want you can also wire the output of the 3d line plot (the 3D object) to the input of the 3d scatter plot and that may work the way you want. 

Hope this helps.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,777 Views)

Joe, I am trying to see what did u do to make that 3D grid at http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10813   . Unfortunately, I have LabVIEW 8.2 and I cannot open your example code. Is there any way that you would be able to upload a version that opens with 8.2? 

Thank you!

Ramesh

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,634 Views)

Hi Ramesh,

I updated the example on the comunity with a LV 8.2 Example. Please let me know how this works out.

Joe Daily
National Instruments
Applications Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,604 Views)