LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting my signal to 5v

Hi,

I send a signal with a DAQ LAB-PC-1200 and my signal is well limited to 5v, i have checked that with an oscilloscope. But what I want also is to limit the signal befor sending it. I need to monitor this signal in a graph on Labview and I don't success to limit it then and to see my limited signal in the graph...

Thank You !
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,370 Views)
It is hard to understand exactly what you are asking. You have a 5 volt signal that you want to limit even further?

If you have a 0-5volt signal and you want a 0-1v signal then use the divide function in the numeric section of the function pallete. Then divide the 5v signal with a 5.00 constant and your output will now be 0-1v, which you can then send to the graph.

If I misunderstood your question please reply with more information.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,370 Views)
Hi,

From your post, it appears that you are trying to do analog output. If you are generating the signal in LabVIEW, you can easily limit it to 5 Volts and look at the signal by using a waveform chart before outputting it.

Regards,
Ankita A.
Applicatins Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,370 Views)
In fact my signal goes sometimes to 6 or 8 volts. There is no problem when i send it to the board, it is limited. But my problem was (was because finally i found a solution...) to monitor the limited signal in Labview (in a graph). I used some array VIs and my signal in the graph is now the same as on the oscilloscope ! Great !
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,370 Views)