LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting Inverse Kinematics range?

Thank you for your help. But in fact the coercing output is not what I need, just the visualisation if it's in range. The coercing block tells me if it's in range or not. But I already can see if it's in range or not. I want to limit the calculations on forehand, not afterwards. 

The error comes from the Inverse Kinematics subVI, it's not the problem that I don't know where the error pops-up. Is there a way to "sweep" the workspace (X,Y,Z) to see which possibilities have a solution and which don't? If I do this on forehand and then compare the error won't appear again.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(852 Views)

The numerical inverse kinematics solver does not find all possible solutions. You can try initializing it with different values for the "current joint positions" input and it may converge onto different solutions. I would not rely on it to conclusively determine the existence of a solution.

Robotics 2012 has a number of analytical solutions for some common 6 dof configurations, these do guarantee to return all solutions in a deterministic amount of time. You can then filter the solutions with your joint limits.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(842 Views)

I have the same issue !

My question is that its giving me solution for the space cordinates for which my angles falls out of my range and not giving me solution for any cordinates when the angles fall in range. what should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(806 Views)

Hi,

Could you please give me more info about your issue dat we can help you better about it?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(790 Views)

these two pictures have got the arm and the vaues assoisated with it!

in actual my arm has got 5 joints, 2 universal and 1 rotational as shown in pic! the last sixth joint added to get the third link otherwisw I wasnt getting the last link without the joint at end so I can ignore the angle assoisated with the last joint!

Now I have done what is said in this forum! ranging the output of angles and knowing whether they fall in our range or not!

but when the cordinates are so that its not giving errors the angles are not in range and when I try to get angles in range and adjust cordinates accordingly the program gives error that position is not reachable we have to cahnge coordinates!
 and i couldnot find a position in which all 5 joints are in range!

I will be sending you my VI also if you say!

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(782 Views)

You've added a 6th joint just for visualisation I think? This joint is therefore used in your calculation for the forward/inverse kinematics, so I think your end-effector is really searching for a solution with the 6 joints.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(777 Views)

Yes I have just added It for the visulaization!

But if I will not be adding it I wont be getting my end effector link!! So i need my third link! Can i just not ignore the angle of sixth joint and thats it?

even if i do it by removing the last joint it doing same what I am saying not finding solution when all are in range!

And what is labview robotic simulator?? Do I have to use that to built my model?? because later I would be needing it to connect it with compac rio!

I have attached my VI

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(771 Views)

The problem is that even if I remove my sixth joint thats just for visualization its not giving me solution where all my angles fall in range..

Am giving my parameters wrong?is there any chance of this??

I am using IGUS robot with 5dof!

CAn you please tell me the paratemers that I should input? So I can be sure about my parameters?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(758 Views)

if the serial arm is kuka yout what will be the vi for inverse kinematics 🙂 ??

i am trying to make make a vi but every time it getting error. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(635 Views)