From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation in Number of Elements in a Cluster?

Solved!
Go to solution

Someone please enlighten me. I saw a reply that seemed to imply this on another post, but not a definitive answer.

I'm having a problem in my VI right now going from an array to a cluster. The problem is basically that more than 9 elements go into my array, I use a simple array to cluster command, and then only 9 elements come out in my cluster. So we're limited by the number of array elements in a cluster? Is this correct.

I've attached a simple VI to illustrate my problem. Basically 10 elements go into an array and 9 elements come out of the cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author twolfe13

Hi twolfe,

just read the help for the ArrayToCluster function. That explains it all…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(3,399 Views)

A cluster must be a set size.  There is no way around that.  But if you want 10 items in your cluster, you can change the property for the Array To Cluster function for the number of elements in the cluster (Right-click->Cluster Size).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(3,387 Views)

@twolfe13 wrote:

I've attached a simple VI to illustrate my problem. Basically 10 elements go into an array and 9 elements come out of the cluster.

You have not attached anything.

Unlike the size of an array, the number of elements in a cluster needs to be defined at edit time. All you need is to set the cluster size for "array to cluster" function using right-click..

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,383 Views)