cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light up LEDs by flicking switches.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have some LEDs on a vero board which are connected into rack mount connector BNC-2090A. The rack mount connector is connected to a DAQ card PXI-6143 where i'm using 8 bits DIO to turn the LEDs on/off. Everything is connected and works when setting all to high on the digital output.

How would I turn the LEDs on/off LabVIEW interface? I also want to put logic in but I'm pretty sure I can do that myself.

Cheers.

test0.jpgtest1.jpgtest2.jpgtest3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,262 Views)

goto>Help>Find Examples>Hardware Input and Output>Daqmx>Digital Output>Digital-SW-Timed Output.vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,258 Views)

I don't have digital  Output... can you upload it ?

Untitled-2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,255 Views)
Just look at the simple examples under Digital GENERATION.
Message 4 of 10
(3,250 Views)

Cheers How ever now I can't seem to find any supported physical channels.. Is there added configurations needed when using a remote system? I ran a test through my laptop and wasable to flick the leds on and off but I can't seem to be able to get labview to work..

Untitled-1.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,245 Views)

Right click the "Data Neighborhood" in Max it is the first option in the list and select "Create New" follow the prompts to create your digital output task which you will then find appears as useable in the vi - Mike

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,222 Views)

I'm not sure the DAQ Assistant is going to work with a remote system.  That might be something to play with.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,211 Views)

Any ideas crossrulz?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,197 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I'm not sure the DAQ Assistant is going to work with a remote system.  That might be something to play with.

Do you think it would help to create virtual devices on the local computer?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Terreh

Hello Terreh,

Thanks for posting at NI forums! If you create a LabVIEW project and right click in Project>>New>>Targets and Devices, you can add the PXI target to the project. It will appear at the same level category as My Computer. Create a VI under the target and then drop a DAQ Assistant in the block diagram. Now you should be able to see the supported devices.

Best Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,165 Views)