LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License Agreements not displayed during Install

Solved!
Go to solution

I created and installer in LabVIEW 2011 (64-bit OS with Windows 7).  I added a custom license agreement (rtf) file to my installer and included it as shown below. 

dialog.png

The setup.ini includes a reference to the file and I confirmed that the file exists in the License folder:

setup.png

file.png

When I test the installer on my development PC or target PCs, my custom license agreement is not displayed.  I've toggled the boxes in the setup.ini to show the standard NI EULA but that doesn't get displayed either.

My setup.exe file is dated 6/21/2011.  I checked previous installers that worked properly and the setup.ini files looked similar but the setup.exe was dated 9/1/2010. 

Any advice is appreciated...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(8,458 Views)

I created a new installer with two files added to the project:  test.exe and license file.rtf.  I selected "include custom license agreement" in the dialog section of the project explorer.  The custom license file was added to the "license" folder in the "Volume" folder when compiled.  The setup.ini file has these parameters listed:

[Dialogs]

UserInfo=0

FeatureInfo1=1

SingleDirectory=1 I

nstallationType=0

FeatureTree=0

License=1

License2=1

NICertificate=0

ConfirmStart=1

End=1

[Distribution]

Title=1 GUID={110B585D-BD8E-4F1B-882F-B8CF73757A51}

PackageGUID={48EF0D84-863E-4927-AA42-C23869E4635F}

Version=1.0.0 IDPath=nidist.id Has64bitPart=1

[EndDialog]

Readme=5;30,50,330,150;static

[Files]

LicenseTextFile0009=;license\License Agreement.RTF

License2TextFile0009=NI;license\NI Released License Agreement - English.rtf

License2TextFile0010=NI;license\NI Released License Agreement - Spanish.rtf

License2TextFile0016=NI;license\NI Released License Agreement - Italian.rtf

License2TextFile0007=NI;license\NI Released License Agreement - German.rtf

etc

When I ran the installer, there was no custom EULA an no NI EULA.  Has anyone tested this functionily in LV 2011?  Any ideas??

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(8,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SJT

Hi SJT, 

It seems that this is a known issue while using LabVIEW 2011 on Windows XP. 

The suggested workaround was to open the setup.ini of the MDF-built distribution (Installer) and rename the [LicenseTypes] section to [LicenseTypesX]. Note that you need to rename the [LicenseTypes] section, not [LicenseTypeN] where N is a number.

-Nathanael 

National Instruments
Staff Certification Engineer
Message 3 of 10
(8,410 Views)

Thanks.  That worked.  I hope its fixed in later versions...  Also, the problem was not just with XP, I had the same problem with Windows 7 and it was fixed too.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(8,389 Views)

Hi

Is this supposed to work for other versions as well? I use LV 2010 64 bit and LV 2013 64 bit and the solution as described above does not work.

Matthias Weller

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(8,271 Views)

Matthias,

I have not had a chance to test this on a 64 bit machine, but I have confirmed that it works on LabVIEW 2013 for a 64 bit machine.  It should be no different for a 64 bit machine.  Is it giving you any specific errors?  Or is it just not an available option at all?

Regards,

Shane C

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(8,251 Views)

Thanks for the answer. The licence text is not displayed during installation at all - it's just white. There are no error messages when builing or running the installer. However, in the installer folder structure, the licence file is available.

Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(8,226 Views)

Matthias,

There is a tutorial here on how to build a custom installer.  Did you follow more or less this proceedure?

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-32778

Also, does your rtf file contain anything besides text?  That could be a problem if it does.

Regards,

Shane C

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(8,202 Views)

Hi Everyone,

I am using LabVIEW 2010 on Windows 7 PC.Even here I am facing the issue.Is this  a known issue in LabVIEW 2010 on WIN-7 as well?

PS : The workaround works fine for me.Thanks... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(8,062 Views)

Hi All,

Stumbled upon this while having the same problem in LabVIEW 2015, although it turned out to be another reason and solution so I thought I'd share.

I initially created the *.rtf file by just replacing the suffix from *.txt. This turned out blank when I ran the installer. Creating the rtf in Word, choosing Save As -> *.rtf made the text appear in the installer as it should.

/Martin

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(7,880 Views)