From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LbVIEW2012 Linux Ubuntu 12 Installation

Hello everyone,

I am running a Ubuntu 12.04.1 box and I am trying to install LabView2012 Linux on it. The documentation with the package is rather poor and I can't seem to get it installed. So I have two questions:

1) Is this version of Linux supported by the Labview 2012 Linux?

2) Does the  installer have to be run from a certain directory? I am just running it from my home directory and get a bunch of permission denied errors. 

If anyone could answer those questions or has any experience installing Labview on Ubuntu I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

- Keenan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(9,076 Views)

According to the requirements put forth by NI, your OS isn't supported http://www.ni.com/labview/requirements/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(9,072 Views)

You may run into a significant problem in the installation. I believe that ubuntu is going to the multi-arch mode, Debian is doing it. This results in problems in connecting with the 32 bit library. I was able to install it in the previous version, but a lot of things broke. Also it is important to state which version of Ubuntu you use,32 or 64 bit.

NI provides very little documentation on using Linux. I do have to admit the 2011 version was a big improvement ofver 2010.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(9,066 Views)

I am using 64 bit ubunutu.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(9,036 Views)

You may run in the multi-arch system.

In any case you need to load the 32 bit libraries for Ubuntu. This will allow you to run some of the programs without problem. Personally I prefer OpenSUSE 12.2 instead. The installation was very clean and easy to load the 32 bit libraries.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(9,031 Views)

Ok. Do you know if there is a good gide for this anywhere?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(9,029 Views)

There is no good guides around especially with the 64 bit version. The openSUSE is very simple, uner install software management, setup patterns and include the 32 bit libries. Ubuntu, you have to hunt down the libraries and make sure they have not switched to the multi-arch mode.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(9,025 Views)