From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launching unrelated app, launches LabVIEW installer.

I'm having a the same problem that this guy is having. The application we're trying to launch is ietm52.exe  the LabVIEW installer starts and attempts to install 7.0 files when the installation is 7.1.1.

What is causing an entirely different unrelated program to launch LabVIEW's installer? How do we make that stop? is there a patch or something?

[quote]Okay, so I'm a desktop tech, know little about LabView, but can at least install it.  We also use pdfcreator on our desktops.  For some reason, however, whenever pdfcreator is used (for ANYTHING, not just LabView stuff), a windows installer fire
s up, "please wait while windows configures NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.0."  The installer proceeds, then gets stuck while trying to find the msi.  Well I don't HAVE the proper MSI apparently, because my version is 7.1.1!  When I put in th
e 7.1.1 Run-Time CD (the only one I have) and point it to the msi it seems to be looking for, it still fails (apparently due to different versions).

So first, why is pdfcreator invoking this installer in the first place (they seem to have nothing to do with each other!)
Second, why is the installer looking for the Run-Time for 7.0, instead of 7.1.1?[/quote]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,253 Views)
We did some research on this issue and found that VB6.0 common dialog box is what is causing LabVIEW to launch it's installer.

If a blank form was created with a common dialog box on it and run on the effected box, LabVIEW would would immediately launch it's runtime engine installer. The application we were trying to launch utilizes the common dialog box several times (as do many programs).

We then replaced version 7.1.1 with version 8 (which shows itself as version 7.0 in it's installer) and it resolved the issue.

I hope this is helpful to others who may have the same problem.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,241 Views)