cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch TestStand Operator Interface from LabVIEW via ActiveX

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm creating a simple VI in which I select a product number from a list, and press Go. The VI is only used to ensure that the most recent sequence file is opened, and is not inteneded to replace the OI, just launch it with one click.

I'm not sure I'm takign the right approch at all, as I know very little about ActiveX, but am trying to learn! When I run the VI, I am prompted to select a sequnce file and login, and that's it. The TestStand windows never appears. Is this just a setting that Is incorrect, or will the approach I'm taking nver work, as I'm accessing the API as opposed to just opeing the application?

I've removed all the extra functionality (dropdown box, config file, etc) from the included code as this works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,219 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kirving2013

What you are doing is starting TestStand without the interface, and then you define the sequence it should use.  I think there is another step needed telling the sequence to actually start and not just the application.

It doesn't sound like this is what you want to do, because the intent is that you can then use these ActiveX tools to create sequence files, or run them, without running the sequence editor which is what you normally see when you run TestStand.

I've never tried it but you may want to look at this article on launching sequence files from the command line which LabVIEW can do.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/146D372C1F807E6D862567E7004881AB?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,170 Views)

Looking at it a little more, I realise that you're correct, and I wasn't really taking the right approach for what I want todo right now. Running the teststand engine via ActiveX from LabVIEW is certainly interesting, and is something that I'll be looking at down the line, but for the moment, the command line seems the best option for me. Thanks for your help, Kev.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,156 Views)