LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latency in accessing Citadel Database over the LAN

Hi! 

I have two systems running LabVIEW 2013 with DSC 2013 and I am using one of the systems to acquire (using shared variables) and log data internally in the citadel database. I have made an application to visualize this data either locally on the same PC or over the LAN. When I am using the application on the same local machine which is logging the data, its all working fine and very fast. But when I access the same database over the LAN, the application takes a finite amount of time (anything between 2-18 secs everytime) to retrieve and show the data. Since the database size is very small (less than 5MB), logging rate is low (1Hz), number of traces are not much (14 traces), data is boolean, it should not take so much time to show the values over the LAN (the application should be as snappy as it is on the local PC). I am at my wits' end but I am not able to reduce this latency or find any logical reason for it to be present. 

I specify the logging PC's name whenever I want to retrieve the trace (as shown in the attached picture), I have a feeling that if I replace that with the IP address of the system, things should become fast. But whenever I try this, LabVIEW throws up an error saying that the specified trace/database does not exist.

I am attaching a pic of the architecture and a simplified image of how I am retrieving the data from the database with this post.

Any help shall be deeply appreciated.  

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,417 Views)