From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview8 build exe change in appearance

I tried to compile an example (Amplitude spectrum (sim).vi) and got the same result: no up and down buttons and missing a lot of the decoration, but not all.

ole
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(954 Views)
Hi Ole,
Obviously your Labview code is not the problem. It seems to me that the problem is insulated to your computer configuration and mybe Labview installation.
Have you tried to change your screen resolution and color bits? What labview version are you using?

You are also more than welcome to call NI Danmark support if your have more questions.

Regards
-----------------------------------------------------
Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
National Instruments Denmark
http://www.ni.com/ask
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(950 Views)
In my opinion its not a matter of screen resolution at all, Labview PDA 8.0 simply had this bug with the increment/decrement not showing, in LabVIEW PDA 8.0.1 this however is fixed. At least on my computer, and I did not change any screen resolution or change anything else.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(938 Views)

Re:

In my opinion its not a matter of screen resolution at all, Labview PDA 8.0 simply had this bug with the increment/decrement not showing, in LabVIEW PDA 8.0.1 this however is fixed. At least on my computer, and I did not change any screen resolution or change anything else.

I'am very aware of the Labview PDA issue, but in this case Ole does not use Labview PDA 8.0(As he wrote earlier in this thread). The problem seems only happens when he runs it on his desktop computer and I think the problem is located at his desktops configuration.

But it is a good idea for Ole to get Labview 8.01 update, mybe this will help on the problem.

Regards

Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(933 Views)
Sorry, missed that point !

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(920 Views)

I have downloaded Labview 8.01 and that solved the problem.

I would like to give a comment to the upgrading process to ver. 8.01: I tokk relative short time to download the 130Mb upgrading program, but then it took over 8 hours to mass compile the Labview directory, in which time the computer was occupied 100%. No applaus to NI!

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(909 Views)
Hi ole,
Yes, you are right about  the mass compile takes a lot of time. It depends on your computerspeed(took only 2 hour for me:-)). Many pepole run the mass compile at the end of the day so the program is ready next morning.
I'am glad that Labview 8.01 solved your problem.

Regards

Dennis Morini
District Sales Manager
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(902 Views)