From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview with pressure gauge instrument

Hi,

I've gotten my pressure gaugse instrument setup with NI Max, so I can send and read commands via serial (RS232). However in Labview I'm getting a "VISA Read in " error. I've attached pictures of the labview program and some syntax requirements from the instrument's manual.

Any ideas?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,125 Views)

I've attached some commands from the instrument's manual. "\r" is the carriage return I'm using for NI Max.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,117 Views)

What's the display mode of your string control? I think you may have forgotten to turn on '\Codes Display"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,102 Views)

^It was on normal. I switched to '\' Codes Display and it's not working. The odd thing is everything seems to work fine in the VISA Test Panel. I've attached a picture.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,087 Views)

Did you fix the extra slashes that showed up when you switched to "\Codes"?

I'm pretty sure you'll stop getting that timeout if you can get your string to match the one in the Test Panel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,079 Views)

^I just tried that and still no luck. I've attahced the new vi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,073 Views)

OK. Do you need to configure your serial port? Perhaps with VISA Configure Serial Port?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,062 Views)

The buad rate needs to be changed to match the device's of 19200. I've attached the settings that worked with the VISA test panel

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,049 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,029 Views)

^That did the trick. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,022 Views)