From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview with Aardvark I2C usage guide

Hi all,

I am new to LabVIEW and interested in using Aardvark USB-I2C tool to talk to an I2C device.

1.  Are there any resources [example documentation, sample code, videos ..] you know of that I can refer to?

2.  If not, could you provide me a broad overview of the steps I need to implement to successfully read/write to an I2C devce from LabVIEW?

Best regards,

MYT

Message 1 of 5
(6,324 Views)

Also, just to add a note, I have downloaded LabVIEW vi examples from Totalphase.

Looking on how to proceed.

1. How do you connect all to create a continous loop that reads a few registers and updates a display?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,300 Views)

Hi MYT, 

Could you be a bit more specific on what you need assistance with?  Did you resolve the first issue you posted about?  In regards to your second post, if you go to Help > Find Example you will see lots of example on how to display data in the manner you're describing.

Bobby Breyer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,275 Views)

How can we write data from LabVIEW to aardvark. I am facing problem while writing the data to set values in an experiment related to audio amplifier.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,966 Views)

Hey MaheshPanigrahi,

I haven't seen much with Aardvark but these examples may point you in the right direction.

These two links should be essentially the same:

http://www.totalphase.com/blog/2014/06/how-transfer-i2c-data-using-an-aardvark-i2c-spi-host-adapter-...

http://www.totalphase.com/support/articles/202443023-Sending-I2C-Messages-Between-Two-Aardvark-adapt...

Eric
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,916 Views)