LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview to .exe

I have a Labview file that transmits and receives using CAN and also sends and receives using the RS-232 port. I need to convert the .vi file to an .exe file so it can be run on a computer that does not have Labview. I heard it can be done, but how?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,009 Views)
The application builder is inlcuded with the Professional version of LabVIEW or can be ordered separately. If, under the Tools menu, you have a "Build application or shared library(DLL)" choice, you have the Pro version and it's already installed.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,007 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I have Application Builder and am able ot build an .exe on most of my programs,, however, when I try to build an application from a labview file containing MatLAB script nodes the .exe is not executable.  Instead, when I attempt to open the .exe, the window does not open and LabVIEW freezes.  My employment terminates July 20th and I would like to build an .exe so that future employees don't have difficulties with my program.

I would really appreciate a response.

Thank you!  Enjoy your day!

Ivanka Slywynska

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,991 Views)
Hi Ivanka,

I'll be as fast as possible...

You are most likely experiencing the issue solved in the following KnowledgeBase:

Why Does My Executable Hang When It Is Opened When I Use A MATLAB Script Node?

Please follow the steps in the KB and let me know if it solves your issue, thanks.
- Philip Courtois, Thinkbot Solutions

Thinkbot Solutions
Message 4 of 5
(2,960 Views)

AWESOME!

I've been looking for a solution for a long time now, and it was only a click away!  Thank-you so much!  Just in time!

Ivanka

Message 5 of 5
(2,938 Views)