LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview stops on one VI during a search for text in whole project

Solved!
Go to solution

But you didn't mention if it ever worked well on the copied code...

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,273 Views)

40% CPU and 280 megs of RAM.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,270 Views)

Hey, it's okay - sometimes detectives have to nudge the witness to see if they can recall more details.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,269 Views)

Ok... i think i lied. After '11 minutes' it stopped searching, and looks that found what i'm looking for. But it takes very, very, very long time - really about 10 minutes.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,258 Views)

@kacperek wrote:

Ok... i think i lied. After '11 minutes' it stopped searching, and looks that found what i'm looking for. But it takes very, very, very long time - really about 10 minutes.

LOL - no worries.  There's still something not right here.  It shouldn't take that long.  (Personally I thought the ten minutes you took was way enough time to determine if it wasn't responding.)  The library being searched was copied to the new machine from the original one?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,253 Views)

OK 🙂 Library was copied directly. I'll check how it works on primary machine tomorrow but i'm afraid it's not. Good news that it takes ages but works. So maybe i can live with this. Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,238 Views)

Keep us updated, especially if you did something to fix it.  Not only am I very curious, but it would be VERY helpful to someone who might have the same kind of problem in the future.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kacperek

Have you looked at that VI file on disk to see how large it is? I ran into a similar problem once, I remember it was because someone had saved the .VI with a very large amount of data as the default value in a graph. As a result, the VI file was unusually big (maybe a couple MB), and it took a long time to search that VI for text because LabVIEW has to search through all that data. The fix was easy of course, just change the graph's default value to empty.

Message 18 of 22
(1,224 Views)

Of course, this is the idea of forum 🙂

Message 19 of 22
(1,222 Views)

Soooo problem solved thanks to garrettmarsh ! I have quite big string array (ugly code due to little time, i'll change this). After remove this array searching takes half a second. Thank you guys for a help.

Message 20 of 22
(1,206 Views)