From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview server

Hello. im creating a project that requires labview to get a lot of data for different sources and pool them together into a number of different UIs 

I am trying to find a way to open up the UIs on networked Client PCs while having the data processing running on one central server.

The hope is that if i close out of a single UI the data will still be processed and stored on the server leaving all my client PCs free to do other tasks.

Is there a a way to proform this task without make hundreds of web based services.

(example: There are 150 web based data streams coming into the server every 5 minuets (one after another) i need labview to process the raw data into more manageable numbers to control some UI elements as well as saving the raw and processed data to CSV files. I then need 10-15 client PCs to be able to open the UI and display the processed data. The data has to always be running and saving)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,690 Views)

Have you looked at Network-Publishes Shared Variables? I haven't worked with it yet, but it sounds like a suitable solution for sharing data in a local network.

Alternatively you could set up a Server/Client architecture that communicates via TCP or UDP.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,671 Views)

Thanks for the reply.

I have read up on SVE a little but while following an example ("Programmatic Access" section on the page) i dont know what the refnum of my PC should be.

the ip is 10.0.0.12 and the VIs are saved on the desktop, i cant seem to figure out what it should be.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,640 Views)

The Help on 'Open Variable Connection' has some information on how to obtain the SV refnum.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,626 Views)