LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview + neMESYS syringe pump

Dear All,

I am a beginner in Labview. I understand that I have taken up a tough task in the initial run, but i hope to be helped by you all!!

Ok, let me brief my plan.

I have 4 syringe pump controls from NeMesys - Cetoni, which comes up with a neat GUI. But due to some constraints in our application, I feel that it would be better to control those 4 pumps through an independent LABVIEW program. But I have no clues where to start with.

1. Do I need any interface or handshake programs to be installed?

2. How do I differentiate one syringe pump with the other?

3. If am able to identify one of those syringe pumps, would i be able to replicate it for the rest?

Kindly suggest, all your help is appreciated!

Regards

Mich!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,525 Views)
Their web site lists an sdk with LabVIEW VIs - http://www.cetoni.de/english/products/software/nemesys-sdk.html

Do you have this? That would be your starting point after learning the basics of LabVIEW. Any physical interface you need would depend on the type of pump you have. I see RS232, USB, and CAN options.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,483 Views)

Hi,

I have Qmix SDK which is capable of developing both syringe pumps and valves. And the communication is through USB. I installed the SDK and imported the sub pallette into my Labview. I also tried with one simple program of counting the number of pumps connected to the system. I am able to get the right result for the first time.

But when I give a continuous run, I get a -515 error code, which is 

"labbCAN_Bus_API.lvlib:Error Converter (ErrCode or Status).vi<ERR>
Unexpected exception during program execution

<b>Complete call chain:</b>
labbCAN_Bus_API.lvlib:Error Converter (ErrCode or Status).vi
labbCAN_Bus_API.lvlib:LCB Open.vi
Untitled 1"

I am not able to locate the exact problem. 

Is anyone there who had already deployed this into your application or who is currently working on this now?

I am not able to get any information online also.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,413 Views)
The only thing I can suggest since I don't have the hardware is to never use the run continuous mode. That is to be reserveda for special debug cases.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,397 Views)

Hi, 

I'm having similar challenges with my neMESYS pumps. I'm also using the Qmix 64-bit SDK (http://www.cetoni.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Manuals/labbCAN_API/index.html)

Did you find a solution to the continuous run error and also how did you address different syringes in your system?

In the previous 32-bit software given by cetoni the programming of different syringes was  done simply using a dosing vi with an input that corresponded with syringes numbered 0,1,2 ect.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,261 Views)

Could you please tell me how to select the device. My software showing the connected device number as 5. But it is controlling the 5th pump always. I would like to change the selected pump number.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,001 Views)

Hello ,

even I have the same error -515 !

Is this problem solved ?

Thanks in advance

Tanveer Ahmed Shaik

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,701 Views)