LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview matlab computer crash shutdown

I am running a matlab script in my VI and when I implement a type of DC filtering into the matlab code it causes the entire computer to crash/shutdown. I also notice other strange effects such as changing parts of the code completely unrelated to the matlab part of the VI causes me to get the error cannot send variable to matlab script even though that variable has not been directly/indirectly changed. Any thoughts? The program is extremely memory costly approaching my 32 gb of ram limit, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. The buffer cannot really be cut down either since we are doing line scans of 4096 and 2048 pixels simultaneously at about 50k lines/sec.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,891 Views)

Hi jwinkelmann12,

This sounds like it's simply an issue of your computer crashing due to the memory requirements of your application. What occurs when you run your .m code in the MATLAB® environment?

If the same behavior occurs, you'll need to reduce the memory requirements of your program or investigate whether upgrading your hardware will prevent memory from getting so high. 

MATLAB®  is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,780 Views)

I think the memory is somehwat of a problem. But even when I keep my buffer size small, why do variables that are not invovled in the input to the matlab script cause the computer to crash. For example multiplying a user input by 2 for the sampleing rate of an AO ouptut board causes the program to crash. Even if the user input is reduced by 1/2 to make it be the same value (as be before when the program ran fine). 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,770 Views)

Hi jwinkelmann12,

Does this issue occur when you run your code in the MATLAB® environment? 

Do you see the memory always increase when the program/computer crashes?

MATLAB®  is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc.

Regards,

Joel I.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,733 Views)