cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview interface for Arduino Failed

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I bought Arduino Mega 2560. I want to interface labview with arduino. I have installed Arduino IDE 1.7.3. I am using Windows 7 64bit version and Labview 2012. When I tried to compile LIFA_Base File with Arduino IDE there is the following error: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope
int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to
^
Error compiling.

I tried to delete the folder   C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote but without success.

Please help me to resolve the problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,517 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tiho
Lifa is obsolete and no longer supported. Why aren't you using Linx?

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/doku.php?id=libraries:linx:start
Message 2 of 8
(3,510 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tiho

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I resolved my problem. I closed Arduino IDE, deleted the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRemote and started Arduino IDE again. Everything is OK now. 

Thank you for your suggestion to use Linx

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,476 Views)

Hello Dennis_Knutson

I new in LabVIEW Interface for Arduino. What do you suggest me for beginner  ?

Actually ı saw your comment.What are diffrences Linx between LİFA ? 

Thank you for your attention.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,328 Views)
What I know of Linx is that it has support for more hardware and additional features/functions.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,321 Views)

I suggest you to buy Arduino Mega 2560 or Arduino Uno. It is very easy to start working. You have to install Arduino IDE and to delete the file that I wrote in my conversation above. I don't know the difference between Lifa and Linx. May be Linx is better but I work with Lifa.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,292 Views)

LINX is better because LIFA is no longer actively supported by National Instruments. I suggest you start working with LINX. May some problem can be happen for later.

Message 7 of 8
(3,279 Views)

Hi tiho,

LIFA_BASE will compile properly only in arduino IDE version 1.0.5 and lower.

Message 8 of 8
(3,101 Views)