LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview freezes when starting VIs

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with LabView 2011 under Windows 7. The problem is, While a number of VIs are working, Initiating a new VI will cause LabView to freeze for seconds before every thing goes back to normal. If lucky, the freeze is short so not to lose data but in many cases it is long enough to lose the data. This behavior is not associated with a certain Vi. It happens at random. In fact, sometimes, changing a control value on one of the working VI will cause the same thing. To make things worse, sometimes the freeze last for ever and a restart is a must. You can imagine how depressing is that. I had a fantastic experience with LabView 8.6 but 2011 is a pain so far. I am using 6 core PC with a 12 GB RAM.

I hope I am missing something trivial and that the solution is simple.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,736 Views)

Hi,

Are you running LV11 SP1? there may be some patches that need applying, check in your NI update service.

CLA | CTD
NI Alliance Partner
iLV Test Solutions Ltd
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,704 Views)

hi,

My labview is up to date.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,700 Views)

Hi i am also using labview 2011 & window 7 but having only 2GB ram & it works fine.

There is something else may be some patch or installtion problem.

The best man to solve this is NI

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,675 Views)

Are you using a decently large project? I'm suspicious of the project environment.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,656 Views)

Hi,

it is closer to be large than small. But, I doubt it is the project. The LabView 8.6 version of the project worked fine. We just updated the project to 2011. I think that LabView dedicate all resources for the new VI on the expense of the running Vis. Any Idea how to check that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,646 Views)

Did you try to mass compile your project?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,635 Views)

A couple ideas pop into my mind:

• Did you mass compile the code into 2011 or are the vis saved in 8.6?
  • Are you making extensive use of queues or .ini file functions?  These changed radically between 8.6 and 2009 and the compatablity (Legacy) vis may be problematic.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,632 Views)

@mssm22 wrote:

Hi,

it is closer to be large than small. But, I doubt it is the project. The LabView 8.6 version of the project worked fine. We just updated the project to 2011. I think that LabView dedicate all resources for the new VI on the expense of the running Vis. Any Idea how to check that.

Have you read the upgrade notes?  Particularly the part about VI conversions?  Hopefully it's that simple...

[edit] guess I'm late to the party.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,629 Views)

Hi

I work with Agilent E4980a.

When I use AgilentE4980a Agilent E4980 measurement.vi example I have following Errors.

Error -1074000000 occurred at Agilent E4980.lvlib:Error Query.vi

Possible reason(s):

Instrument reports:
-109,"Missing parameters"
+0,"No error"

Complete call chain:
     Agilent E4980.lvlib:Error Query.vi
     Agilent E4980.lvlib:configure list sweep.vi
     Agilent E4980 measurement.vi

Would you please help me?

Thank you

0 Kudos