LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview for ARM SWD Communication Failure

Hi everyone,

I just got my Labview for ARM cortex M3 evaluation kit and I can't download a simple program to the target. I'm using the Keil ULink 2 programmer and I get this error when compiling/downloading:

[4:23:16 PM] Status: Error

SWD Communication Failure

Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled
Detail: [UVSC_PRJ_FLASH_DOWNLOAD, MSG: 0X100A, STATUS: Ex.] (1) 

I have read about this error and NI simply refers to Ulink2 user's guide which has this description for this error:

Serial Wire Debug communication is corrupted. The target SWD interface is not working properly. Mainly caused by the target: debug block not powered or clocked properly. Avoid Deep-Sleep modes while debugging. Lower the Max Clock frequency in the ULINK USB-JTAG/SWD Adapter section.

I have tried to "Lower the Max Clock frequency in the ULINK USB-JTAG/SWD Adapter section" but it didn't resolve the problem.

I have also tried to download the program using the usb port on the dev board but instead I get this error:

[4:51:22 PM] Status: ErrorUnexpected error occurred.
[Source: Target is in debug mode

Detail: [UVSC_PRJ_ADD_GROUP, MSG: 0x1002, 

What am I supposed to do with that?? I'm wondering if the dev board is defective. And this was supposed to be plug and play...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,958 Views)

charlestrep91,

Are you able to download an example? Does this work with any code or does it fail when you try to download anything?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6207

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,918 Views)

@charlestrep91 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I just got my Labview for ARM cortex M3 evaluation kit and I can't download a simple program to the target. I'm using the Keil ULink 2 programmer and I get this error when compiling/downloading:

[4:23:16 PM] Status: Error

SWD Communication Failure

Error: Flash Download failed  -  Target DLL has been cancelled
Detail: [UVSC_PRJ_FLASH_DOWNLOAD, MSG: 0X100A, STATUS: Ex.] (1) 

I have read about this error and NI simply refers to Ulink2 user's guide which has this description for this error:

Serial Wire Debug communication is corrupted. The target SWD interface is not working properly. Mainly caused by the target: debug block not powered or clocked properly. Avoid Deep-Sleep modes while debugging. Lower the Max Clock frequency in the ULINK USB-JTAG/SWD Adapter section.

I have tried to "Lower the Max Clock frequency in the ULINK USB-JTAG/SWD Adapter section" but it didn't resolve the problem.

I have also tried to download the program using the usb port on the dev board but instead I get this error:

[4:51:22 PM] Status: ErrorUnexpected error occurred.
[Source: Target is in debug mode

Detail: [UVSC_PRJ_ADD_GROUP, MSG: 0x1002, 

What am I supposed to do with that?? I'm wondering if the dev board is defective. And this was supposed to be plug and play...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'll ask the obvious question, are you intending to use SWD or just download through the JTAG.  Check your settings.  I have not used the ARM with LV, but can you download anything using the Keil software?  Give that a try.  That may tell us where the problem lies.  Try to duplicate your settings in LV from the Keil sw.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,916 Views)

I have uninstalled Labview 2011 and uvision 4 and then reinstalled it and now it seems to be working fine...

Thanks for your support guys!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,890 Views)