From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview fast acquistion with trigger

Hello,
I am using a DPO 4104 oscilloscope to take waveforms.

I trigger them by a certain value and my VI can save them to a table.

This VI I built works really good but it's way to slow. The fastest rate I got was about 3 Hz and I need about 100 Hz.

If I get Waveforms from the oscilloscope with 1000 points the files are about 26kb large.

By a 100 Hz rate I'd get 2,6Mbyte per sec which should be okay as I am having my scope connected via usb.

So it can't be a bottleneck in the usb connection I guess.

However it's still too slow.

Can you guys please check whats wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,072 Views)

1. You only need to setup the trigger once.  So move that to before the loop.  That will eliminate a 200ms wait that is in the driver.

2. You are getting the timestamp from the scope.  Why make your own?

Even with that, I would not expect you to get more than 10 waveforms/second due to a 100ms wait in the waveform capture routine.  To get the rates you want, I think you will need to go with a DAQ board, preferably PCI(e).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,060 Views)

Okay thanks, I put the trigger in front of the whileloop.

However the rate is only minimal faster.

Why is there a 100ms wait in the waveform capture routine?

I've tried to connect via ethernet but rates were even slower for some reason.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,038 Views)
Also where can I buy this DAQ card? And how will it speed up my acquisition with the bottleneck in the measurement vi?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,026 Views)