LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview executable immediately quits on WIndows XP

First of all, highjacking another thread is probable not a good idea, since most people would expect the issue to be resolved.

@GarrettC wrote:
[...]then spontaneously quits after 12 seconds with no error message. Nada.[...]

What is 'quits' in that sentence. If you have no loop in your VI, the VI will never keep executing, so "quitting the application" is not possible.

I understand it that the task disappears without any hint why. Is that correct?

It does not disappear immediatly? So a difference to the issue described in the initial posting?

Did you take a look into the Windows Event Log if there is some useful information?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(476 Views)

It was not my intent to "highjack" another thread. My intent was to avoid creating a new thread when a similar one already existed. The problem outlined in the initial post appears to me to be very similar to mine, with the exception that the program quits after displaying the front panel for a split second, whereas in my case the delay is longer (of the order of 10 seconds). I suspect, though maybe wrongly, that the underlining problem is the same.

The first poster solved his problem with a work-around, without fully understanding why his solution worked. His work-around did not work for me.

Having said all that, I will follow your hint and start a new thread.

Message 12 of 12
(464 Views)