From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview error: no longer builds executables

I have full development license and my labview creates an error when i try to build executables.  does this error mean anything to anyone?  btw, it used to make .exe's without issue.

the error reads:

Error 7 occurred at AB_Build.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Create_Destinations.vi

when i try another time the error reads:

Error 7 occurred at Copy in AB_Targetfile.lvclass:PostBuild.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:PostBuild.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Create_Build_Application.vi->EBUIP_Global_OnCommand.vi->EBUIP_Global_OnCommand.vi.ProxyCaller

thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,103 Views)

Hi Erik,

A couple of questions for you - What is your destination directory for the build? Do you have write permissions for that folder? Is it on a network drive? 

Does this happen for all exes or just for this specific project? If you build a simple VI into an exe on the desktop, do you get the same error?

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Regards,

Jeff Peacock 

Product Support Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments | Certified LabVIEW Architect 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,074 Views)