LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashing with image acquisition and processing frames in parallel loops

Hi,

i am developing an application to acquire images from a camera link device, and then process the frames in different loops that perform contour and particle analysis in different regions of interest.

For certain reason i am getting a labview crash almoust every two or three minutes of execution, i dont know why yet.

Does anyone knows something about the screenshot attached?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,642 Views)

actually I am getting these three different errors when labview crash, please see doc attached.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,627 Views)

Since you are using 32 bit LV, one thought is to check the RAM usage in Resource Manager.  Sometimes I get the "Not enough memory to complete this operation" and sometimes I get crashes at whatever code doesn't complete.  It depends, I think, on how fast the program gets to the 3 gb limit.

This avatar was scraped from an instance of good public spending: http://apod.nasa.gov
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,613 Views)

Ah, the old "Sorry for the Inconvenience" crash.  This happens during development, not during execution, right?  These are "hidden features" (a.k.a. "bugs") somewhere deep inside LabVIEW.  In LabVIEW 2011, I found one related to Network Streams -- if I moved a wire on the Block Diagram, I could (reproducibly) cause such a crash.  I believe NI was able to find/fix this by the next release.

The next time one happens, try and isolate what you were doing, and see if you can reproduce the crash.  If so, give NI a call and send them the code so they can eliminate the problem.  [Ah, I should have asked, What Version of LabVIEW are you running?  I hope it is not LabVIEW 2011 ...  This might be a problem that has been corrected in a later release ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,594 Views)