cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crashes when building exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have created a Project and have a main vi which works fine in the development environment. When I try to build exe for the same, LabVIEW crashes. I dont get it why. If anyone could help on this, you are welcome.

LabVIEW version:2013, 64 bit

Thanks,

Prabhu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,801 Views)

Hi Prabhu,

either provide full error descriptions - or your complete project so somebody else can try to build your EXE…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,788 Views)

Can you share the image of your project i.e. all the componenet which is being added to project? The way you are doing also matters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,778 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prabhu16

Thanks Ranjeet. I got that to work, by marking remove unused files from project libraries. I think the problem was about memory. 

Thanks,

Prabhu

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,770 Views)

GREAT !!!!

Then mark your reply as answer..This might be useful to someone in future

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,753 Views)

Labview kept crashing when I tried to build a PPL from an Actor Framework project in LV2018. The problem was fixed for me by doing the opposite, I unchecked "Remove Unused members of project libraries".

If building a PPL I would also recommend dragging any external lvlib files into the lvlib that you want to create the PPL from and then back out again, then do a mass compile of the project (Tools > Advanced > Mass Compile). This uncovered many broken VIs and unused VIs that needed to disconnected from libraries. Now my PPL finally builds after trying to debug this for weeks

remove.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,570 Views)