From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview crash after a while

One question: Why DAQmxBase? The 6009 can be used using DAQmx directly.

DAQmxBase uses low-level VISA register-level access to the device and is therefore platform independent...means: you can run your VIs on e.g. Linux as well.

The issue with DAQmxBase is that there are no significant updates anymore. That means that issues with newer OSes might be present....

So from support point of view i recommend you to switch to DAQmx.

Norbert

EDIT: As the issue occurs quite fast it seems: You can use NI-IO Trace to track communication to the 6009. What happens when the hang occurs? What happens directly before the hang?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(441 Views)

Hi Norbert_B.

The project i devolped in year 2005. Since this time we build up 40 'machines' running with this configuration. And as a professional working company you need to support your developments a minimum of 10 years.

Right now i do develop a future version with NI DAQmx Core 9.8 and with LabView 2013. But the delivered machines still exists and we do support them.

Right, the issue occurs very fast und around 1000km far from my office desk. I did the previuos analysis all via team viewer.

NI-IO Trace sound good. But i can't find it in LV 7.1 or LV 2013. Is it a download file?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(418 Views)

NI_IO Trace is a tool which is a component of NI drivers which can be logged by this tool (like VISA).

Note that the previous "version" of the tool was called "NI-Spy".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(411 Views)
When this application is running and before it locks up, is the memory usage constant? After it locks up does it show up in task manager as running or not responding?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(402 Views)

I did not check the memory usage. After the looks up the LV application do not respond - 0% CPU load. Terminating the application by task manager is not possible.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(388 Views)

@UA wrote:
[...]Terminating the application by task manager is not possible.

How do you try this? Do you kill the "process" or try to end the "application" (different tab of task manager!)?

If the process is unkillable, it means that the process is waiting on a subcomponent outside the process which is not returning. I VERY rarely see a process being unkillable!

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(380 Views)

@UA wrote:

I did not check the memory usage. After the looks up the LV application do not respond - 0% CPU load. Terminating the application by task manager is not possible.

Not possible means, you tried but didn't work or You were not able to try at all?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(375 Views)