LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview cRIO 9002

Can this controller be used with the latest version of LabView?

If not, which is the latest one I could use?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,970 Views)

Hi rolandonunez,

You should be able to use the latest version of LabVIEW and the CompactRIO driver with the cRIO-9002. However, if you don't have the cRIO yet, I would strongly recommend getting a newer cRIO as the 9002 is very old and may have difficulty running medium-large sized applications due to the speed of the processor and amount of memory. 

Even if if you already have a 9002, I would recommend taking a look at the cRIO-906x family or the cRIO-903x family. You will have a much better experience with either of those. 

What're you looking to do with your cRIO? What type of application will you be using it with?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,920 Views)

Hi greygrey. I'm trying to develop a 4 axis robotic arm (with servos) but i'm currently using labview 8.5 because when the crio (9002) was bought (2007-2008), that was the labview that came with it. My problem is, that the labview it's so old that i can't find any toolkit or something to controle the servos. I'm using a NI 9472 digital output. I'd really appreciate if you could help me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,916 Views)

If you're wanting to synchronize the four axes, I would recommend NI Softmotion. Additionally, if you can, I would recommend trying to get a newer cRIO. Depending on how complex your application is, you may have trouble doing it with the 9002. 

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,913 Views)

It's not that complex actually. For now, I just want to move small things so I hope I don't have trouble with it. Right now, I'm trying to download the crio drivers and see if I can get the crio to connect with MAX and use LV 2014. Do you know if it's possible to use the NI motion with the crio I got? I wish I could get a newer crio but I'm working with this one because it's the only I have. Is there any toolkit I can use to control the servos? beside NI Softmotion

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,908 Views)

NI motion only works with NI Motion cards. Also, we don't really recommend setting up new systems with it since it's been replaced by Softmotion. 

If your application isn't too complex, you could probably just control your system using the NI 9472

Brandon Grey

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,888 Views)