From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview automated test interface with tcpip - ideas/suggestions?

Can anyone help to suggest some ideas on what I can use to implement a automated test interface to control labview button/switches/signals with TCP/IP communication?

I have 2 pcs, one standard windows pc and other is labview pxi pc, with the windows pc, i want to be able to issue commands through tcp/ip to the pxi computer.  The pxi computer would receive commands/signals and set some values/update database/flip a switch/override existing signal based on the command in the labview program.   

Are there any programs from labview that can be installed on the windows PC and provide an interface to execute a set of commands to communicated via TCP/IP to the labview pxi computer?

There are various NI tools but its quite confusing, such as NI VI script, Teststand, Veristand etc.  

I am new to labview in general, so any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,145 Views)
All of the tools are built into LabVIEW and Windows. Look at the tcp/ip client/server examples.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,122 Views)