LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview and IP camera interface

Unfortunately, a PIC 1006WN does not support MJPEG video streams.  It only supports MPEG4, and typically uses ActiveX to send video to Internet Explorer web browser.  I'm afraid you are out of luck with that particular camera.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(4,459 Views)

Alright then, thanks for the helpSmiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(4,432 Views)

hi

im using etrovision ev8180f ip camera

but i can't connetc to ni

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(4,429 Views)

There is a general misconception that because a camera has an ethernet interface, it is supported by IMAQdx.  This is not correct.  The first requirement is that the camera must support the GENiCAM standard (FireWire, GigEVision, and USB/Other via DirectMedia).  With only a couple of exceptions, most non-GigEVision cameras (IP Cameras) are not directly supported.  That is, if you open up MAX, and look in the IMAQdx tab, you won't see the camera listed.

As a workaround, you can install a driver middleware that will interface the MJPEG stream from an IP camera, and bring it into the DirectMedia layer.  By installing such a driver, you can interface almost any MJPEG stream to IMAQdx as a color image stream.  

The etrovision ev8180f does support MJPEG, so you can probably make it work.  You will need to look in the camera documentation to determine what the camera URL looks like for the MJPEG stream.  Usually, it's something like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/mjpeg.cgi, or something a little more involved.  Once you have this URL, you can use it to configure your MJPEG driver.

Machine Vision, Robotics, Embedded Systems, Surveillance

www.movimed.com - Custom Imaging Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(4,417 Views)

My ip camera shows a video stream in Firefox on 192.168.1.222:8002/video.mjpg

it also shows an image in firefox on 192.168.1.222:8002/jpg/image.jpg after typing user/passw

How do I get this data in Labview?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(4,377 Views)

Hi,

I know this thread is a bit old but I wanted to share with you a piece of code I've been developping for acquiring images from IP cameras video streams.

Contrarily to ImaqDX, it sould be able to make a snap of the video stream of any IP camera as long as the stream is MJPG over TCP (all IP camera should be able to do that ==> check the configuration of your specific camera). The code could easily be extended to make a grab.

It's still a work in progress so expect bugs:)! Also there is room for performance improvement!

The code is right here:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Acquisition-of-IP-Camera-video-stream/m-p/3094035#M885145

Other interesting thread for IP camera acquisition (not by me):

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-39427

Let me know what you think and feel free to contribute!

Best regards,

peper2001

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,700 Views)