LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview addons problem

Solved!
Go to solution

While opening an existing project, I have been prompted to find the control named "Telnet Session.ctl". The labview is trying to load it from "\addons\internet\telnet\telnet.llb\Telnet Session.ctl", but couldn't find it. What should I do? I also see this box during the process.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,399 Views)

Did you opened it in a more recent LabVIEW version? If so you can copy the telnet directory from your previous LabVIEW version and paste it in the vi.lib directory of the more recent version.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,371 Views)

I have opened it in Labview v13.0f2. I have succeeded in opening the front panel and block diagram. Do I still need this addon for proper functioning?

My project doesnot need a connection with internet.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,363 Views)
You need it if your VI uses telnet. All of the functions in the deprecated toolkit are included in newer versions except for telnet. If your VI is not broken, then you should be okay.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,359 Views)

How will I find that my VI uses telnet or not? And from where can I download required addon?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,346 Views)
You can simply look at the VI. You can also do a find callers.

You were already told how to copy it from your earlier version. You can also enter Internet Toolkit into the search field at the top of the page.

I'm guessing you did not write the original VI and you have no prior experience with LabVIEW?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,333 Views)

Yes, I am a first time labview user working on someone else's VI. 

From where can I download internet toolkit? Please share some link.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,309 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ishaneo
Why do you need it? If the VI is not broken, it's not using the toolkit. If it is broken, then do the search but I don't think there is a 2013 version. The older version also needed a license so you would also need to track that down from the original project if in fact you need the telnet functions. A missing ctl in a project is not a problem if none of the VIs use it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,303 Views)

Thanks Dennis. In will have a deeper look into the problem. For now, I think it needs telnet functions since one of the error I am getting is SubVI 'Telbet Read.vi':SubVI is misssing. Another is 'type Definition 'telnet_handle': type definition not found or contains error' and many more.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,282 Views)
That's why I asked you if the VI was broken when you opened it. They are obviously required and you are missing much more than the ctl file that you mention in your first post.

Do you still have access to the pc that was originally used to create the project?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,269 Views)