LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Windows 8 compatability

Solved!
Go to solution

Windows 8 is coming out in a week. I'm looking to buy a new PC to run labview on and I can't find whether or not LV2011/LV2012 will run on Windows 8 or not. 

Has NI said anything about this yet?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(6,455 Views)

@buckidge2 wrote:

Windows 8 is coming out in a week. I'm looking to buy a new PC to run labview on and I can't find whether or not LV2011/LV2012 will run on Windows 8 or not. 

Has NI said anything about this yet?

Yes.  (LMRTFMFY)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(6,431 Views)

Okay.

Hate to do this, but REALLY, LMRTFMFY?!? Your link says nothing about windows 8. I can't actually find anything else about windows 8 either.nimanual.JPG

Now, LMGTFY - Nothing!!!

Really, I'm looking for a straight answer from NI on Windows 8 Compatability. Not looking to start a forum riot.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(6,424 Views)

I think Jeff is saying that it isn't officially supported.  From my experience, I don't see why LabVIEW would have any problems.  Heck, I have 8.2 running on my Windows 7 64-bit with no problems.

My guess is that 2012 SP1 will have the official support.  But that's purely my guess.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 13
(6,418 Views)

My guess is that on the official public release date of Windows 8, this page will be updated accordingly.

(Most companies don't make statements about unreleased versions.)

Message 5 of 13
(6,401 Views)

As a rule of thumb, I always wait until an OS is stable before migrating to it.  Been bitten too many times.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(6,379 Views)

Questionably-related sparse, empirical and anecdotal evidence: I've made a few LV2010 apps (RTE installer included) on a Win7 box, and people have been installing and running them on Win8 machines.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(6,350 Views)

I'm an MSDN subscriber and has a Windows 8 RTM for month now. I also lead courses in LabVIEW in my campus. I can assure that up to this moment, LabVIEW runs flawlessly on Windows 8

Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

Message 8 of 13
(6,339 Views)

Thanks for all the feedback, folks. Looks like it's a good bet that LV will run in Win8.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(6,336 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author buckidge2

This is a good resource for all of your Windows 8 related questions: http://www.ni.com/windows8/

I hope that this helps!

Message 10 of 13
(6,171 Views)