LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Toolkit and Arduino Mega

Attached is a program I am trying to develop to control something I am working on.  I have a version of the program that works by having the Arduino programmed 'natively' and sending a string to Labview, which then post-processes the information.  While this works, it is a little clumsy, and I wanted to take the whole thing under Labview.

I have 12 servos that will be set depending upon a switch.  The servos are connected starting at pin 2, and goes through pin 13.  I have a servo connected to pin 2 for testing.

I need to fire a digital pin and read 8 analog inputs, then shut off the digital pin, switch to the next digital pin and read the 8 analogs again.  The digital pins are 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46, 48.

When the program runs, the servo goes to the correct location, then twitches, and I think I know why, but I want to double check.

I am using the 'set digital pin mode' sub-vi.  In reading it, it seems that this was meant for the Uno, and does not accept pins greater than 13 (says it is for D0 to D13. I am also using 'digital write pin', which seems to have the same limit.  Are these ignoring my command to apply these commands to use 34, 36, etc.?

When I tried the 'set digital pin mode' by itself, it says the pin I want is out of range. 

I have tried wiring the servo to pin 32 to see if this was the problem, but the servo still twitches.  Any ideas?

I would love to use the 'analog port read', but I am not familiar enough with the code to know how to increase the pin count.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,281 Views)

Hello rbergs, 

I apologize for just now responding to your post below but I would like to redirect you to a different resource that will be able to provide the necessary support for using the LabVIEW Interface for Arduino toolkit. Currently, this toolkit is only supported by posts on ni.com/arduino forum. If you have any additional questions regarding the LabVIEW environment specifically, please feel free to post any additional questions in this discussion forum. 

Wes W
Application Engineering
National Instruments
www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,220 Views)