From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Subvi (NI_AALPro.lvlib General Polynomial Fit Coefficients.vi) not functioning in application.exe

Hello Labview Gurus

I developed an application that calibrates pressure sensors by calculating and sending polynomial coefficients based on raw pressure outputs and pressure set points. Main UI is designed to take in sensor information and under UI.VI there is a Polynomial generation VI that's called after running a series of pressure set points. The polynomial generation VI calls NI_AALPro.lvlib General Polynomial Fit Coefficients.vi to generates 5th or 3rd order polynomial coefficients (in array) by taking in raw pressure outputs (Y in array) and pressure set points (X in array). The application has been working fine for many months. This week, I released a new version of the application and the log showed that all coefficients generated were zeros. I did some trouble shooting and here are what I can confirm:

(1) The new release has nothing to do with the polynomial generation VI. Nothing was changed in that particular code. 

(2) The inputs to the NI_AALPro.lvlib General Polynomial Fit Coefficients.vi were valid according to the log. 

(3) The outputs of the NI_AALPro.lvlib General Polynomial Fit Coefficients.vi were all zeros according to the log.

(4) After application finished running, I run the same Polynomial Generation VI in the source code and found that it is working properly and was able to calibrate the sensors. The problem seems to be associated with the VI in the deployed application. Please find attached pictures for details. Any thoughts and guidance are much appreciated. 

Regards

Felix

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,713 Views)

So you say that running the very same project (the top level vi) from the IDE works fine, but the built exe generates wrong results? Did you test this using the very same PC? Maybe the inputs are already wrong there?

Any dynamically called vi? What happens if you test the previous built on the same PC?

Can you attach your whole project, or can you reduce it and reproduce the issue in small?

You can also enable debugging in your build, follow this help: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8DA679805915DE40862572D5007B2F70

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,671 Views)

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

(1) running just the Polynomial Generation VI in source code works. But the deployed exe does not. 

(2) The code was run on the same PC

(3) The inputs were valid. All the information were logged to a csv file. Thats why I saw that the coefficients were all zeros. 

(4) The polynomail Generation VI calls Library Funciton lvanlys.dll 

(5) I am not able to reproduce it when running only the polynomial Generation VI in source code

The link is definitely helpful. 

Thanks

Fliu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,626 Views)