cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Subpanel Unresponsive

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All!

I'm trying to get a QMH to run as a subpanel however I'm not getting the subpanel controls to respond to my clicks. Is there a setting I need to change in the vi's or additional code I need to add for this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,511 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ATE-EGNE

I just had a quick look and didn't tried it but I would say that your problem is the while loop with the exec state in the launch event. To confirm that go to the Edit Events dialog and uncheck Lock Panel. If your sub panel vi respond to commands after that then the issue is your architecture.

Note that unchecking Lock Panel is not a solution, if you need to do that then your architecture is wrong. The insert vi and run vi nodes should be in a consumer loop. Also, your sub panel vi shouldn't be stopped using the abort method.

Ben64

Message 2 of 4
(2,495 Views)

Thanks, that did allow everything to work. I'll put the insert vi and run vi nodes should be in a consumer loop as you suggested.

Out of curiosity, why is this architecture wrong?

Yeah, this was a demo, in my real program the exit condition is more graceful. ^_^

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,489 Views)

@ATE-EGNE wrote:

Out of curiosity, why is this architecture wrong?

Because something is stopping your event processing loop.  Therefore your GUI will become unresponsive and that just generally is bad for user experience.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,474 Views)