From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Runtime Engine

Hello, I am having a problem running an executable file because i get an error for being unable to locate the Labview Run Time Engine. I have installed labview runtime engine 2012 f3 on the laptop. I have also tried downloading runtime engine version 2010, 2011, and 2012 both 32 bit and 64 bit versions and still coming up with the error when trying to load the executable. I have attached a screenshot of the error message that comes up.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,630 Views)
The version of the runtime must match the version that the exe was built with so installing anything other than 2010 is a waste of time. I would suggest uninstalling all of them and then install just the 2010 runtime.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,620 Views)

Hello,

thanks for the prompt response. I have tried installing version 2010 and still coming up with the same error. I have also deleted all the other versions. I am thinking that i may be missing a file (e.g. *.dll) or i have the labview runtime engine in the wrong location on my C: drive. I have also checked this as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,604 Views)

MaizeBlue wrote:

thanks for the prompt response. I have tried installing version 2010 and still coming up with the same error. I have also deleted all the other versions. I am thinking that i may be missing a file (e.g. *.dll) or i have the labview runtime engine in the wrong location on my C: drive. I have also checked this as well.

You are not making any sense!

• You need to actually install it, not just "try to". Where did you donwload it from? (make sure you get the "std" version, not the "min"). It is unlikely that you need the 64bit version. Who made the program? Do you have a link? (EOL NVH Fitter Performance Check ver 5.0)
  • Why would you "delete" the other versions. To get rid of them you need to uninstall them. You can also leave them in place, they won't interfere and maybe you need them in the future.
  • If you correctly install the runtime engine, the location will be correct.
  • What exactly did you "check as well" and what was the result of your "check"?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,595 Views)