LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Program for acquiring two values after a given period of time

Hi

I am a final year student working on a project.

I want to make a vi which will measure two readings of the data such that the first reading is the initial reading and the second reading is after a certain period of time.

Basically I want  to measure fuel flow using a strain gauge. The concept is that a small fuel tank is fitted on the strain gauge. At first the fuel tank will be full (note: this will be the first reading) and after 60 Seconds there will be a decrease in weight of the fuel tank due to fuel consumption (note: this will be the second reading).

I want to subtract the final reading from the initial reading and divide the answer by 60.

Please tell me how to do this.

Thank you.

The hardware I am using is chassis cdaq9172 and Ni 9129.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,590 Views)

Let's start from the beginning.  Do you know how to take a measurement?  I see you are using a strain gauge, but how are you reading it?  DAQ?  DMM?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,586 Views)

well i am using a four wire strain gauge and interfacing it using ni9219 in cdaq 9178 chassis. I am using a DAQ.

Thank you very much for your reply. I am a begineer. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,578 Views)

I would setup the DAQmx task to sample every 100ms for 1 minute (600 samples).  Tell the task to run, wait the 60 seconds, read the data, do your math on the 0 and 599 indecies.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,574 Views)

Will you please tell me how to do so?

crossrulz wrote:

I would setup the DAQmx task to sample every 100ms for 1 minute (600 samples).  Tell the task to run, wait the 60 seconds, read the data, do your math on the 0 and 599 indecies.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,570 Views)

@kranti747 wrote:

Will you please tell me how to do so?

GCentral
Message 6 of 8
(2,562 Views)

Thank you  very much. I really appreciate your help. 

Thanks a a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,545 Views)

Hello 

I have tried to make this in Labview 2009 but I am finding it hard to make the VI as I am not professional in using Labview 2009.

CAn you please explain further so that I can make this VI in labview 2009.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,511 Views)