From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview PDA on Samsung Blackjack Smartphone (WM5)

Hi teresadmij,

It is possilble to create VIs with 640*480 resolution for PDA Targets. Actually by default if a VI is Targeted to a Windows Mobile 5 device, then its screen size would be set to 640*480.

This information is also available in the LabVIEW help:

PDA applications you build with the PDA Module are resolution aware, which means you do not have to do anything specific to support high-resolution displays (VGA) on Windows Mobile targets if the Windows Mobile target has a high-resolution screen.

The PDA Module supports Windows Mobile devices with high-resolution display and low-resolution displa

Regards,
Stanley Hu
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
http://www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by stanthetiger on 02-22-2008 01:26 AM
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(5,678 Views)
Thanks Stanley
excuse my little knowledge about this, but then the PDA module also supports 240x240 resolution? and this one already is considered like low resolution?
Thanks for all. Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(5,645 Views)

Thanks Stanley,

By refering to the LabVIew PDA Module's video tutorial by ni.com was mention the capable PDA such as

HP, Compact, Dell, Palm and Sony were available.

(Slide-3) http://www.ni.com/swf/presentation/us/labview/lvpda/default.htm

My Target PDA phone was the HP iPAQ 600 Business Navigator- Models

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/sg/en/ho/WF06a/1090709-1113753-1113753-1113753-1117925-80593313.html

Can you please rashly let me know the possibility of this model's spec. if  the LabView PDA module applying on this HP PDA phone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(5,474 Views)
Hi teresadmij,

I know that 320x240 is supported, but I've never heard of 240x240. I'm guessing that it's supported too.

Hi learnarmy,

All I can tell you is that LabVIEW PDA will work with the iPAQ 600, because it runs Windows Mobile 6. From my experience, I've seen the most success with people using LabVIEW PDA to build HMI (Human Machine Interface) devices. Just don't expect the PDA to have the same capabilities as a Dual-Core Desktop PC running LabVIEW 8.5.

Regards,
Stanley Hu
National Instruments
Applications Engineering
http://www.ni.com/support

Message Edited by stanthetiger on 02-25-2008 11:12 AM
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(5,282 Views)

Thanks Stanley,

I am always understand both advantages as the Labview PDA Module is for mobility convernient and the Labview on Desktop is for performance required.

Perhaps HP iPAQ 600 is really work up with LabView PDA Module. 🙂 Its a perfect PDA Phone that i had been survey.

Message 15 of 20
(4,611 Views)
Thanks a lot Stanley, now I'm waiting for my PDA Smiley Happy.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,857 Views)

Hello,

teresadmij, did you get the T830 to work with the NI USB 6008???

Did the intel processor or the display resolution of 240 by 240 make any problems?

Plus someone wrote that LabVIEW was working fine with the Samsung Blackjack.

Can someone tell me if thats the case too in connection with the NI USB 6008?

Cause i did not find the Blackjack smartphone to be host capabilities.

I am frustrated here switching phones via Ebay unti l i get my applicationto work.

Now i have to switch to the old T830 with Windows Mobile 5 cause windows mobile 6 is not

supported yet by the Daqmx Basedriver so i cant use all the new phones either as they come with WM 6.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,196 Views)

Hi,

Does the mobile device have USB Host Support?

Flash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,183 Views)
I was using the blackjack. It did not have host USB support. I'm not sure what is currently available but when I posted in this thread last year there were only 2-3 made and I think at least one of them was no longer in prodution at the time...
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,179 Views)

Hello, yes the fujitsu siemens t830 has usb host.

but i dont know if the Mobile module will suit the 240 by 240 resolution of the display.

kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,172 Views)