LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview OSX vs Linux Performance

Hi,

Has anybody encountered any labview performance comparison between OSX and Linux? If there are no comparisons, does anybody have both kinds of systems to run some simple benchmarking? Of course the performance is dependent on the hardware but I would just to get some idea of the performance on the different platforms.

Regards,

Tomi
--
Tomi Maila
Message 1 of 2
(2,205 Views)
You have tried a number of times to get an answer to this Q so I will offer what little I have.

In the end the difference may depend alot on what you are trying to accomplish. The top dog insiders at NI that could answer this off hand have been tied-up for a while.

What I suggest you do is get in contact with the local NI Rep and tell them that you want to talk to who ever does the bench-marking of the LabVIEW Challenges. I believe they run the challenge candidates on multiple platforms and may be able to supply some numbers to get you started.

If you look at the results of the "Bit Twidler" challenge at the URL

http://www.ni.com/devzone/lvzone/codingchallengearchive.htm

They mention using different architectures.

Please let us know what you find!

Trying to help,

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,173 Views)